1. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by e-mail (for example, your domain name, your e-mail address, and what pages you visit); and
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. We use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as Insight Magazine's online and print versions.
- Notify you of updates to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our sites.
3. NC REALTORS® does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses, but may provide you with electronic informational or marketing messages that have been approved by NC REALTORS® for the purposes described in Part 4 of this policy.
4. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
- Exhibitors at the conference trade show for the limited purpose of contacting conference registrants one time after the trade show, through marketing vehicles approved by NC REALTORS®.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products or other services will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
7. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the NRDS system or by contacting your local REALTOR® association.
9. "Find a REALTOR® Feature."