New Research Released
The Global Alliances International Residential Real Estate Business Survey was just released by NARs Research team this week. This survey was sent to members of NARs bilateral partners and was looking at the International Business Trends in their countries. Responses were received from 495 respondents in 48 countries. You can use the data visualization on the page to view foreign buyer statistics in the 14 countries of business that accounted for at least 3% of all respondents. There is a lot of insightful information here to share from the perspective of what other countries are seeing in their foreign buyer demographics!
Here are some of the top takeaways:
- Buyers from the United States accounted for 23% of all reported foreign buyers, followed by foreign buyers from Canada and the United Kingdom that each accounted for 9% of foreign buyers.
- Sixty percent of respondents reported that prices in their home countries are less expensive than prices in other countries.
- About 57% of respondents reported that the price of the properties purchased was $250,000 or less.
- Sixty-five percent of respondents reported that the foreign buyer paid all-cash.
- Nearly half of foreign buyers purchased condominiums.
- Slightly more than half, at 56%, intended to use the property as a vacation home or as a rental.