Top 5 Legal Hotline Questions from 2021
This crazy and heated market leaves NC REALTORS® like you with a lot of legal questions. Will Martin, NC REALTORS® General Counsel shares the Top 5 Legal Hotline Questions that his team has received throughout 2021. Watch the replay in Mobile Mondays Facebook Group.
QUESTION #1- Is it okay to use a non-standard addendum, for example, an appraisal addendum, with the Offer to Purchase and Contract?
- Guidance for Agents Considering the Use of an Appraisal Addendum Category: Forms/Addenda to Offer to Purchase and Contract
- Is an addendum necessary to make the contract “as-is” or obligate the buyer to purchase the property even if the appraisal is low? Category: Forms/Addenda to Offer to Purchase and Contract
QUESTION #2: What are the duties of a listing broker whose seller tells them that the seller has decided not to sell their property after it has gone under contract?
- Can a seller be required to perform a contract to sell real property? Category: Contract Law
- Is Commission Due When Seller Gets Cold Feet? Category: Fees/Commissions
QUESTION #3: May a broker represent two buyers who are interested in making offers on the same property?
- Three Buyers, One House, and One REALTOR® Category: Agency
QUESTION #4: Can a broker whose license is not on provisional status be paid a commission by someone other than a broker-in-charge?
- Can a broker affiliated with a firm receive a commission check directly from the closing attorney?Category: Real Estate License Law/Rules
- May a broker be paid a commission by their former BIC? Category: Real Estate License Law/Rules
QUESTION #5:Must a broker who is managing a rental property demand that the tenant surrender possession of the property before fling an eviction action against the tenant?
- Must landlords demand possession before pursuing a summary ejectment action? Category: Landlord-Tenant/Property Management Issues
What is the Legal Hotline?
Don’t waste your time stressing over forms, disclosure or landlord/tenant law. NC REALTORS® have free, unlimited access to the NC REALTORS® Legal Hotline. Call (336) 294-1415 or email email@example.com to get quick resolution, so you can return to your clients and your business.